PAX: Coach K, Icebox, Oatmeal, Teasip
QIC: Alright Alright
Goals for Q Source:
- Get better at embracing conflict for the good of the team.
- Find new opportunities to lead at work.
- Disruption can not begin until the group trusts you
- Different people require different styles of motivation
- Sincerity goes a long way towards getting people on board, and you can’t fake love
- The best way to visualize “a place of advantage” is to think big
- Disruption can be exciting for the whole group if the picture is painted properly
- The leader should move first, and “be his own guinea pig”
- Setting SMART goals is the best way to motivate some people
- Time spent together in the trenches helps get the buy-in necessary
- Sometimes institutional leadership asks us to lead people to a place that we don’t necessarily believe in
- Disruption can begin with small moves
- Transparency and setting proper expectations are incredibly important throughout the Disruption
- It is important to block off time to spend with your team and time to spend on your own accomplishing the tasks that you need to accomplish
- Ask people, especially your spouse, “How can I support you?”
- Be ready to go to bat for your people at all times, and do not throw them under the bus
- Observe and learn from bad leaders just as much as you observe and learn from good leaders
Next week we will discuss Language. Oatmeal has the Q.